Burnin' Rubber 5 is the fifth title in the Burnin' Rubber series which was first released on April 23, 2013.
The player is supposed to complete many different challenges.
And in terms of weapons, the player can unlock weapons such as the Mini Gun, Fuel Air Rocket Launcher, Laser Turret, and more. Also seen are special weapons, which are turrets that can rotate 360 degrees to attack enemies at all times.
The player must beat all campaign challenges, unlocking vehicles and earning money. Daily Challenges can unlock more vehicles.
There are also Daily Challenges each day. Every two or three days when the player beats a Daily Challenge, they unlock new vehicles.
On February 14, 2018 and January 8, 2019, Xform released an HD remastered version of Burnin' Rubber 5 for $9.99.
- It is the only game in the series that features end credits.
- It is one of the only two Burnin' Rubber games (along with Burnin' Rubber) to feature lapped tracks.
- It is the only game in the series to feature seven opponents, unlike previous installments, which only features three opponents, except for Burnin' Rubber, which only has one opponent.
- It is the only game in the series with level and XP mechanic that is used to unlock new weapons.
- It is the only game with hidden vehicles that can be unlocked by methods other than collecting Hidden Packages.
- Burnin' Rubber 5 featured publisher advertisements on the A7. One skin design featured Shockwave's logo and the other Addicting Games logo. They were removed in the HD remake and in Burnin' Rubber Shift.
- Burnin' Rubber 5 has the most pre-release information publicly available, unlike the other Burnin' Rubber games.
- It is one of the last two Burnin' Rubber games (along with Burnin' Rubber Shift) in 2013 to be launched on the Adobe Director engine.
- This game was supposed to be released for free on Steam, but due to problems between Steam and Xform with pricing, the game had to be bought with money from Steam.
- Burnin' Rubber 5 HD has 25 more cars than the original. The Steam version only has 13, while the extra 12 in the Itch.io version are impossible to unlock due to missing code.
- In spite of Shockwave and Addicting Games are no longer the supporters of Xform, they are still credited in the end credits.
- Xform got the Dutch Game Award Nomination Award for this game in October 2013.
- It is the first Burnin' Rubber game in the series to not have the Vulcan as the starter vehicle, the other being Burnin' Rubber 4.