Burnin' Rubber 2 is the sequel to the first game and is the second installment in the Burnin' Rubber series which was released on October 7, 2008.
In Burnin' Rubber 2, the players race their way into five different types of maps and fifteen levels to unlock new races and new cars.
Players will have to collect enough points from collectibles around the map and/or score by beating the race in a low amount of time, or winning the race with the car in good condition.
An upcoming standalone version is supposed to release in the future.
- It is the last game in the series to not feature weapons.
- It is the first game to introduce hidden packages.
- It is the first game to attribute daily challenges.
- It is the first game to feature the cars to receive damage.
- Burnin' Rubber 5 references the location "San Burrito" with the level San Burrito Airport.
- An unused texture can be found for an on-screen message stating that a rival was taking down, saying "WHO'S NEXT?"